Established by Spanish Augustinians in 1591, this Church initially featured simple architecture. Locally, it is known as “Long Soi Miu” (“Temple of the Long-Whiskered Dragon”), a name inspired by the wind-blown fan palm leaves on the rooftop. The Church, renovated in 1874, has a simple façade and a Classical architectural design inspired by the European Renaissance. Every year, the Church organizes a two-day procession for Our Lord of the Passion - an important religious event that has been practiced by Macao’s Catholics since time immemorial. St. Augustine's Square gathers various classified buildings, such as St. Augustine's Church, Dom Pedro V Theatre, St. Joseph's Seminary and Sir Robert Ho Tung Library. The cobblestone pavement unifies the area and reflects a traditionally Portuguese streetscape.