Thursday, November 17, 2016

ABBA legend Björn Ulvaeus’ image of Åland 8.7.2016

On 8 July, Åland Post presented ABBA legend Björn Ulvaeus’ image of Åland with an issue in the My Åland stamp series.  An image featuring the Åland archipelago was Björn’s obvious choice of motif, and the stamp shows the picturesque approach to Karlby village on Kökar.  
“I’ve fallen in love with Kökar.  At my first visit, we docked at a pier on the northern side of Kökar and walked along the country road to the village shop located a few kilometres away, at a crossroads. It was a glorious summer’s day and I honestly don’t think I have ever experienced such peace and tranquillity anywhere else in the world. Later, I sailed the lovely narrow approach to Karlby on the southern side of Kökar.”
Thank you Ella.

No comments:

Post a Comment