This stamp features the old master, 'Madonna suckling the Child', by Marco d'Oggiono, the original of which is in the Mackelvie Collection in the Auckland City Art Gallery.
This Anglican church, built in 1846 on a hillside in the tiny Wakefield settlement, is one of the oldest churches in New Zealand in continuous use. Reverend C L Reay, resident Minister of Nelson, rode out from Nelson on Sunday, 11 October 1846 to hold service in it for the first time. Over the years the church has been enlarged and renovated.
This stamp depicts the native plant 'Golden Tainui' which flowers near Christmas time.