Monday, February 9, 2015
150th anniversary of the Artists' Association of Finland 19.1.2015
Posti celebrates the Artists' Association of Finland's 150th anniversary with its own stamps, which feature six works that were chosen in a design competition that was arranged in spring 2014. The stamps feature several areas of the visual arts, including traditional painting and photography.
The works of art selected for the stamps, the artists and their places of residence are:
· Viiva-muoto (Line form), Anneli Hilli, graphic artist/painter, Espoo
· Piste (Point), Mika Natri, artist, Turku
· Taiteilijan vuoristorata (Artist's rollercoaster), Marjo Suikkanen, sculptor, Viljakkala
· Dance from the bride, Mayumi Niiranen-Hisatomi, artist, Kajaani
· Lento (Flight), Laura Konttinen, artist, Helsinki
· Hedelmistä puu tunnetaan (You will know them by their fruits), Kalevi Karlsson, architect/artist, Helsinki
The graphic design for The Artists' Association of Finland 150 years stamp booklet comes from Dog Design. The stamp design competition received a total of 131 works, which were evaluated by a seven-person jury made up of artists and representatives from Posti.
The Artists' Association of Finland is an influencer and expert organization in the visual arts, which represents over 3,000 professional artists. The association was also the subject of a stamp in February 1964 when a postage stamp was published in honour of its 100th anniversary.
Thank you Dear Ella for this nice FDC.