Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Vintage Cars.

Let me wish all of you a Very Happy ONAM
Vintage car rallies are held quite regularly in India. But, I don’t think a stamp, or a set of stamps has ever been published by India Post on this magnificent theme. I had displayed some vintage cars from the erstwhile USSR earlier. Today I want to place before you some stamps portraying the World’s most prestigious car in its vintage ‘Avatar’. These cars from the early 1900’s are very avidly sought after masterpieces, by the rich and famous around the world. As far as we commoners are concerned just staring at them wide-eyed should suffice ;-))
One of the world’s most spectacular Rolls Royce collections includes the STAR OF INDIA. The price is a cool 5 Million Euro. I am not sure if any haggling is permitted.
Those who want more info on this famous family of cars, may like to drop in on
http://www.bentleyboys.com/Rolls-Royce%20History.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment